Government COVID-19 Relief Programs Frequently Asked Questions
Last updated April 17, 2020
With the significant amount of information released by our Federal Government along with the periodic revisions and addendums, we have received many questions from our clients surrounding the details of the COVID-19 Relief Programs. We have put together a set of frequently asked questions to help you further understand how the programs can apply to you and your business.
Recent FAQ Additions
- How do I register for direct deposit?
- I paid myself dividends in 2019, do I qualify for CERB?
- I am working part-time during the crisis, can I still qualify for CERB?
- What will happen to my CERB payments if I start working again before June 15?
- Does my business qualify for the $40,000 Canada Emergency Business Account loan?
- Can I apply for CEWS benefits personally?
- I’m not eligible for CEWS because my business revenues haven’t dropped by -30%. Am I eligible for any other benefits?
- We have laid off our employees and they are on the CERB. Our last payroll was paid out on March 16th. The CEWS eligibility period is for any renumeration paid out on March 15 and later. Does this would mean that we are eligible for CEWS for that March 15 payroll?
- I received dividends in 2019, can I add myself to my corporation’s payroll to receive CEWS benefits on my salary?
- Do I need to rehire all my employees to get the CEWS benefits?
- Do I need to pay employees 100% off their pre-crisis wages and salary to get the CEWS benefits?
- Will the CEWS benefits be taxable to the business?
- Will there be more changes to these programs in the future?